In honor of Bob Kidd and Bruce Studer for their committment to Alpine Skiing on Casper Mountain, we have created a development team as our entry level into racing.
KIDD-STUDER SKILLSQUEST DEVELOPMENT TEAM (formerly known as Buddy Werner Program) Ages 5-12 (with established abilities to link turns & ride the lift) Phases 1&2 of USSA Maxtrix 9:30a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Saturdays only January 4, 2020 - March 28, 2020 (Dates may be shifted to accommodate a break in between) Price: $500 *a set schedule will be made prior to season beginning
The KSSDT program is designed for skiers aged 5 to 12 years who want to develop ski-skills in a fun, kid-oriented program designed to give children an exposure to alpine ski racing. Participants meet in small groups with trained coaches on Saturdays, January 5 through March 28. Skiers are instructed in the basics of mountain safety, racing, and team participation with an emphasis on learning slalom, giant slalom, and SkillsQuest under close supervision by experienced coaches.
We invite all KSSDT athletes to compete in all of our at home races. This is a fun interclub competition hosted every year.
Accomplished and independent KSSDT racers may attend an away race that the coaching staff believes will be best fit for our athletes. Program fee includes:
- Access to KSSDT room for equipment storage
- Registration fees to all home CMR hosted races
- 4 days during Christmas Camp
- Lodge mom check in/out.
- Sessions are 9:30-2:30 every Saturday beginning January 4 and ending on March 28 (dates subject to change for a possible break somewhere in the middle)
- Attend one out-of- town race (TBD)
There will be a check-in and check-out procedure each day for these athletes. This will be clarified in the start-of- the-season meeting. Athletes are required to have/do:
- Completed the necessary training and skills from previous program with coach approval
- Obtain the proper equipment needed to be safe and successful.
- When traveling, parents are responsible for athlete’s expenses
- When traveling, parents are responsible for coaching expenses as a group
- Hogadon Basin lift pass
- Parent Participation: $100/athlete or 10 total hours parent participation
For more information please contact: email@example.com Phone: 307-472-SNOWr
Registration Form: https://siplay-website-content-user.s3.amazonaws.com/Portal/3915/Content/2019%20Documents/CMR%20Registration%202019-2020.pdf